I always make the traditional corned beef and cabbage with Irish soda bread. We also have twice-baked potatoes and this year we added cupcakes. I did cupcakes for the kids decorated with shamrocks in icing on the top. Then, I did adult cupcakes called Irish carbombs. They were SO YUMMY!!! The frosting is made with Bailey's Irish Cream...definitely doing it again next year!
It was so warm that we decided to head to the St. Patrick's Day Parade in downtown Colorado Springs. We had so much fun. The kids loved it and we had a great family day!
Sarah says, "I'm all dressed up for the occassion so where's the party?"
(By the way, the day before St. Paddy's Day, Miss Sarah turned five months old!)
(By the way, the day before St. Paddy's Day, Miss Sarah turned five months old!)
No one to pinch here!
Ready for the parade! Abby is mid-sandwich :)
No quite sure about this "parade" thing.
Mama and Sarah Bear
My favorite entry...the bassett hounds! They were a crack up!
Daddy with his kiddos
Special dinner...Jack is sneaking bites!
No comments:
Post a Comment