Monday, May 30, 2011

Abby is Officially a Second Grader!!!


Abby with her teacher, Mrs. Hemmer...we'll miss her! She is wonderful!


I really haven't been able to wrap my head around it yet since I just cannot believe our little peanut is going into the second grade! Where did the time go?!? Abby finished up her school year and it was a bit more low key than it has been in the past. Finishing first grade doesn't come with a graduation but her teacher had a little presentation in the classroom that Jack, Auntie Adie and I were able to attend.


The kids talked about all of the things they had learned about throughout the year...the solar system, electricity, monotheism and tons more! It sounded more like sixth or seventh graders. These kids boggle my mind! She then gave each student a candy award. Abby received the Hershey Hugs award because her teacher said that there was not one day throughout the year that Abby didn't meet her with a hug. She makes a Mama proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment